Thursday, April 3, 2008

World Travel Destinations: Top 5 Island Getaways

The world can very well be my backpack…..but the world travel destinations are not a mean thing to cover. It is one thing- actually just three words to talk about world travel destinations, but another to even enlist them, forget exploring them. So it is important that you have some kind of focus while traveling. It is important that your itinerary reflects your taste and inclination towards traveling.

world tours I for myself am aiming to cover in the first few years, the top 5 island getaways. Now there can be a lot of debate I know, about which of the five island getaways can be termed the top 5 island getaways Well, you might beg to differ, but since it’s my blog, you’ve got to accept what I have to say. Haha.

OK, last things first. When I gather enough money, which will be some time from now I believe, I’ll definitely go to Bora Bora with my girlfriend. Well you never know, if I manage to get hooked to a rich girlfriend, I might get to visit Bora Bora earlier. Bora Bora is indeed one of the most popular and most expensive island getaways. But the best thing about this Tahiti Island is its resorts – some of the most desirable world hotels. One of its resorts has these floating cottages with glass covered openings on the floors; you can feed the fish and even angle some of them from your room…just think about that…!!!

Then there is Seychelles - there are 115 islands out there; not that you need to go to all of them…but the best ones would do. The rather hackneyed Hawaii is also a must visit- more so because of their food and the garlanded women…..oops….!!!!

An island itinerary would remain incomplete without Barbados in the Caribbean and to round it off….I would like to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India - I’ve heard you can do quite a bit of snorkeling out there; the corals are beautiful. Anyways, in case my blog inspires you to go to any of these places; it’s just a start. You will find many a world travel guide, or glossy tourism brochures advertising complete holiday packages. You can even get cheap flights to these places. And just in case you are planning to get married by mistake, you can consider any of these places to impress your wife (though that’s an impossible task they say).

You might be interested in:

0 comments: